The DeLeon is a Target Identification Detector or T.I.D. The DeLeon is designed as an easy to use, turn-on-and-go detector. The faceplate has only four controls: Sensitivity, Discriminate, Threshold and a Mode Switch. It uses the same circuitry as the Cortes, so you can expect the same depth and sensitivity from the DeLeon that the Cortes is well known for.
The DeLeon's display screen is one character high by eight characters wide. It is larger and easier to read than the Cortes display but does not carry as much information. Starting from left to right on the faceplate, you will see that the DeLeon has a Coin Depth reading, a five segment bar graph and a two-digit Target ID Number. The bar graph shows several categories for ID purposes, but we recommend that it be used with the ID Number for the most accurate information.
- Operating Frequency: 10 kHz
- Searchcoil Type: Concentric
- Searchcoil Size: 9 x 8 inches
- Cable Length: Approximately 3 feet
- Audio Frequency: Approx. 350 to 950 Hz
- Audio Output: 2.5 inch speaker and headphone jack
- Headphone Compatibility: 1/4 inch stereo plug
- Weight (may vary slightly): 2.98 pounds
- Battery Requirement: 8 double A (AA)
- Battery Life: 10 to 20 hours typically
- Optimum Temp. Range: 30 to 100 degrees F
- Optimum Humidity: 0 to 75% R.H.
- Operating Modes: All metal and Silent Search Disc.